Many people wish to become a teacher and unfortunately it will not happen, there are chances to become substitute teacher. Substitute teacher also similar to teaching professional only difference is here people will work as temporary teachers only at the time of requirement. Even substitute teachers should follow all rules and regulation such as classroom management, procedure of teaching, maintenance of classroom discipline. even though teaching is a challenging professional for youngster to manage all works in proper way sometime it may lead to frustration too. Mostly teacher would have time constraints and sometimes they need to work even after school timing but these constraints are not there for substitute teacher. The things necessary to become a substitute teacher are listed below.
- The candidate should have minimum diploma degree to handle lower grades and for higher school mostly bachelors are recruited.
- Most of the district’s schools require licences or certificate to become a substitute teacher.
- The substitute teacher requirements are flexibility, patience over students, should be familiar with all office works, should be well worse in verbal and written communication and should be capable to instruct even in smart class.
How to become a substitute teacher in Massachusetts?
Although the substitute teaching is difficult job but its value cannot be predicted because of this some people would wish to become a substitute teacher in Massachusetts. Substitute teacher in Massachusetts are like short term employees will work for specific time period of 90 days with all benefits. But most of the people do not aware how to get a job of substitute teaching in Massachusetts as best information to those people here are steps listed below how to become a substitute teacher in Massachusetts.
- Mainly to become substitute teacher in Massachusetts do not require any specific educational requirements which are usually required in other states.
- Step 1: as there is no specific educational requirement to become substitute teacher in Massachusetts, it is candidate responsibility to get basic requirements in any departments of district schools. There are several departments available to offer temporary course such as arts and communication, American society education and arts of liberal arts studies are handling by substitute teachers.
- Step 2: substitute teachers often have short notice so it is better to find contact in local educational agencies or district schools in Massachusetts. You need to ensure that your resume has been uploaded in all portals of education requirement sites. Most of the school human resource people often prefer to resumes in their portal.
- Step 3: in order become a substitute teacher you need to hold provisional license it can be obtained only if you cleared MTEL exam. Although if you have a degree program certificate it is mandatory to clear subject matter knowledge exam MTEL to work as substitute teacher in Massachusetts.
As like other district schools the substitute teacher do not have any specific qualification to work in Massachusetts. Only necessary thing need to become a substitute teacher is valid MA substitute license, if candidate has that they are eligible to work as 90 days’ short term employee. If the candidate is already worked for 90 days, then the period of service requirements would vary based on the previous work.